Metal Finishing Cr
Chrome Plating Chemistry
Chromium plating demands increased efficiency and process control, at the lowest possible operating cost. Hunter Chemical LLC can help you meet these objectives with the use of our Hard Chrome Catalyst HCA-50™ and other chrome chemicals.
Hunter Chemical produces two types of catalyst: non-fluoride concentrated catalyst HCA-50™ designed to deliver optimal efficiency as well as enhanced coating properties in functional (hard) chromium baths and fluoride-based HCA-80™. Hunter also manufactures HCA Fume Suppressants which are South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) approved for use in functional (hard) chromium, decorative chromium and chromic acid anodizing baths.
Hunter Chemical distributes chromic acid in multiple package options from inventory locations across the United States.
- Non-flouride Catalyst HCA-50™
- Fluoride-based Catalyst HCA-80™
- Fume Suppressants, PFOS-Free
- Chromic Acid Flake
- Chromic Acid Solution
- Chromium Trioxide
- Barium Carbonate
Hunter Chemical now provides compelling reasons to take another look at your chrome plating operation:
- Full, free lab support, both at time of HCA-50™ initial charge and at all times during operation of the bath, including bath efficiency rates and catalyst results.
- Chromic Acid, in stock, competitively priced, and with multiple packaging options.
- HCA Fume Control, PFOS-Free, in standard (HCA-8.1), high concentration formulations (HCA-8.2 / HCA-8.2D, with defoamer) and California Air Resources Board approved for functional (hard) chrome plating, decorative chrome plating and chromic acid anodizing operations (HCA-8.4).
HCA-50™ Catalyzed Chromium
- As a liquid drop-in, HCA-50™ is easy to use and control
- Excellent plating efficiency means reduced electrical expense
- Reduced plating time maximizes production rate
- Wide operating range makes simple use for personnel
- Improved coating properties lead to higher hardness
- Seamless conversation without charging new tank
PFOS Free – Fume Control HCA-8.1™, HCA-8.2™, HCA-8.2D™ & HCA-8.4™
- Fume Control HCA-8.1™ – A PFOS-Free formulation, for both decorative and hard chrome applications, economically priced.
- Fume Control HCA-8.2™ – A PFOS-Free high concentration formulation, for both decorative and hard chrome applications.
- Fume Control HCA-8.2D™ – A PFOS-Free high concentration formulation, with defoamer.
- Fume Control HCA-8.4™ – A PFOS-Free, high concentration formulation, approved by the California Air Resources Board for hard chrome plating, decorative chrome plating and chromic acid anodizing operations.
Lab and Customer Support
- Bath make-up instructions and process parameters
- Free initial bath analysis before the first add
- Free lab packs, results (including bath efficiency rates and catalyst results), instructions and process recommendations
- Logistical support
- Multiple stocking points across the U.S.
Call us to learn about
- Dollars saved
- Efficiency gained
- Lab and Customer Support
- Technical Information
Our Other Products
- Nickel Chemicals
- Cobalt Chemicals
- Additional Products
Detailed, free lab reports provide clear directions on bath additions.
Hunter Chemical’s Fume Control product line includes standard (HCA-8.1), high concentration formulations (HCA-8.2 / HCA-8.2D), and CA ARB approved (HCA-8.4) available for customer evaluation.
Thorough testing and quality procedures support your plating operation.
Hunter Chemical supplies low-dusting chromic acid for hard-chrome and decorative plating.
HUNTER CHEMICAL LLC
ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System Certified by DEKRA Certification, Inc.
For more information, or to contact us for services or products, please click below.
A representative from Hunter Chemical LLC is ready to assist you.